Want a quick recipe for surprise guests? Or feeling lazy to make iftar? Or is it just one of those days when you got back so late from work that cooking dinner seems like it will take forever?!!!
When i was newly married (and did not start my job yet) i used to google away the day about everything housewifey ?. It was during those days that i came across quiches. I was actually looking for recipes for breakfasts and brunches. As i read the recipes i realised it was something very simple and easy to make for those days when i need something to eat in a jiffy!
Over the time i experimented with a few changes on the recipe and found one that suits me best. I find that making it with puff pastry saves on a lot of time and does not compromise on taste. I always have a pack of whole wheat puff pastry sheets in my freezer, so making this quiche is always just 15 minutes away literally! These mini quiches are amazing for make ahead healthy breakfasts as well as a different option for lunchboxes for the kiddos!
- 1 large egg
- 4 sheets square Puff pastry
- 1/2 cup Broccoli boiled
- 1/2 cup Cottage cheese shredded
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Thyme to taste
- Oil for greasing
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with oil.
- Place each puff pastry square in seperate muffin cups like a muffin liner. You can trim the edges if you want a perfect round shape.
- Bake in the oven until the pastry has puffed up. Don’t switch off the oven.
- In the mean time beat the eggs lightly, add rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Once the pastry is out of the oven, slightly press the bases and pour the egg mixture into the pastry cups equally.
- Bake until eggs are set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
The recipe can be tweaked for making different kinds of quiches. Just replace the broccoli and vegies for chicken or cheese (or anything at all!). Pro tip – make these quiches using veg purees and cheese. A great way to sneak in all the goodness of vegies into your kid’s lunchbox.