Time literally flies, or may I say whooshes by!! The year just began, and then we were waiting for Ramadan to begin, and now it’s the 3rd day already! *minor panic attack for the fact that it will get over as soon*
But it’s never too late to keep your Iman and Ibadah in check. Over the years I have discovered a few gems of resources that have helped me with my worship, especially during Ramadan. Being a gadget girl, i am totally dependant on my mobile devices and you have guessed it right, the resources are based on apps or websites 😀
Not only is it convenient, keeping in mind my chaotic work schedule, but i find that carrying a Quran, or any other resource’s physical copy with Allah’s name on it, can be a bit dishonourable to the text. And then there is the constant fear of damage or loss.
Coming back to the resources, here is the list of apps, websites, journals and videos:
nb – the app links are for iphone downloads, android users can search in their store using the same name.
- Muslim pro app – i have mentioned it before in another of my posts, and my love for this app just grows and grows! For Ramadan they have added a ramadan prayer timings calendar which is so convenient (considering i don’t always have my fridge with me to look at the physical calendar on it :P). So they have the complete Quran with translation and transliteration on it, add prayer notifications and azan, add to that supplications for every mood, qibla direction, zakat calculator, actual (and beautiful) tasbihs and so much more! and as if all this was not enough they have recently introduced a “halal places to eat” section to it for muslims living in non muslim countries. Do you need any more convincing to download this app right now?
- QamarDeen app – for struggling Muslims like me, this app is a breath of fresh air. It is like a journal for every act of worship you can do. We all know how encouraging checking off things from a list is!
- Sujood.co – this website gives you a dua/ duas to recite while in sujood, according to your current mood. Any emotion you are going through, talking to Allah is the best option, and what better way to recite it as a supplication. I really hope they make an app soon!
- Theidealmuslimah.com – Another priceless website, filled to the brim with knowledge. But what i loved (and am using) in particular are the summaries of each Juz of the Quran by them. MashaaAllah they are so simple to understand and also give teaching points. I came across them on their facebook page but was unable to locate them on the website, hence i have put up a link for the fb post.
- Ramadan Battle Plan – This sister does an awesome job every year MashaaAllah with these Ramadan journals. The journals are easy to use, help you set a plan for Ramadan and the months before and after and contain enlightening information for every aspect of worship, with references, i may add. There are planners for housekeeping, suhoor and iftar, taraweeh and other additional prayers and one that i love, the Quran pathway, which can help you complete the recitation of the Quran in just 20 days. She does giveaway complimentary copies to anyone who asks for it, but the soft copies are locked, and cannot be edited. You can either print them, or use it as a guide, or the best option is to buy it from her website!
- ramadan-task (click on the link for a pdf copy) – if you think you cannot tackle a 120 something page journal, then this simple Ramadan task list is for you. Made by my senior colleague (Cardiologist), Dr. Amr Moustafa, it is a simple checklist of your worship during Ramadan. He was kind enough to give me permission to share this pathway with you.
- Tafsir series by top islamic scholars- I found these links on a facebook group, shared by a very lovely lady, Mrs.Fatima, who also happens to be a dear family friend. Her posts are always immensely informative, but this one is too precious to not be shared!
Traditionally early Islamic scholars will close the books of fiqh and other islamic science and spend the whole ramadan with the Quran.To take advantage of understanding and diving deep into Allah’s holy book, top islamic scholars are doing the Tafsir series
1. Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury doing Tafseer of Surah Az-Zumar, Taha and Maryam live 10 AM London
2. Sheikh Mufti Menk doing a series Save Yourself : Lessons From The Quran
3. Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan doing Tafseer of Surah Baqhara
4. Sheikh Yasir Qadhi doing Beautiful Names of Allah
5. Quran Weekly & Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan on layers of meaning and context of thirty Surahs from the Quran
6. Sheikh Omar Suleiman short videos on 30 Surahs in Quran
7. Sheikh Sajid Umar Season 3 Blast From The Past Seerah on 21st century
Lets take the advantage of this month. Do lots of Istigfar and moist our toungue by dhikr of allah.
May Allah accept this ramadan from us.
These are all the resources I am using this Ramadan inshaaAllah. Keep tuned to my facebook page for any more resources that I may come across. When using these, please remember the authors and me in your prayers. May Allah give us all the strength and ability to complete our fasts in the way that He likes most. Ameen ya Rabbul Aalameen.
Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:
“Allah, the angels, the inhabitants of heaven and earth, even the ant in its hole and even the fish in the sea, send blessings upon the one who teaches the people good.”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2609; classes as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami‘, 1838.
In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (3461) it is narrated from ‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:
Convey from me, even if it is a verse