Whether you are from India or not, there’s a chance that you have tasted some type of Indian food. UAE hosts innumerable Indian restaurants but only a few really stand out. Zafran is one such restaurant. Chances are you have whiffed the tantalizing aromas coming from Zafran Restaurant if you have ever been to Mirdif City Center
Zafran Restaurant has been one of my family favorites since it opened. Their dum biryani, kebabs and mango lassi are amazing. Now, Indian restaurants are really not known for their kid’s menus and we usually resort to giving the kids naans or plain rice since they cannot tolerate the high spiciness level. So when we heard that Zafran is launching a kids menu we just had to go and test it out ourselves.
Zafran’s kid’s menu launch party was held last week and it was a festive affair. The menu included adult favorites with smaller portions and usual kids favorites with an Indian twist. Zafran restaurant really worked hard on compiling this menu. They have worked over the summer, inviting kids of various ages and asking for their opinions. The menu tastings lead to a lot of outs and ins on the menu. Zafran’s kid’s menu is truly “kids approved”.
Here’s what they are currently offering:
- Butter Chicken: Chicken breast fillet (so kids can’t complain about bones) cooked in tangy tomato gravy served with steamed rice.
- Cheese kulcha: Flattened dough stuffed with cheese and cooked in a tandoor, served with plain yogurt. (Manaal loved these!)
- Paneer Makhani: Cottage cheese cooked in a creamy tomato gravy served with steamed rice.
- Chicken and chips: crumbed fried strips of chicken served with french fries.
- Fish ‘N’ Chips: Crispy fried fish fillet served with french fries and tomato salsa (Another favorite of Manaal’s!)
Now the best part: French fries can be replaced with veggie crudites. All dishes are served with bread, a choice of orange juice, apple juice, watermelon juice, MANGO lassi or milk and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The prices range from 30-40AED per menu item.
The kid’s menu is currently available only at the Mirdif City Center Branch.
So if you love Indian food or would like your kids to taste some Indian delicacies, visit Zafran Restaurant located in Mirdif City Center. Do let me know if you go to Zafran Restaurant and what you think of the kid’s menu! I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!